On 9th December, Lambeth Council approved Brockwell Park Community Partners as its community partner in the management and operational delivery of Brockwell Park. BPCP will work with Lambeth Council to improve the Park’s strategic management and operational delivery and will constitute a parks management board and operations committee in support of this objective.
Brockwell Park Community Partners (BPCP) is the working name of the Brockwell Park Management Advisory Committee. BPCP is a small and influential registered charity (registered number 1137168) that was originally established in 1995 and re-established in 2004 to:
- protect and enhance Brockwell Park for all Park users, stakeholders and local residents.
- provide a community forum for the discussion of issues related to the Park and represent the issues identified by Park user groups to the London Borough of Lambeth and external agencies.
- serve as the official community partner of LB Lambeth for the ongoing Lottery funded project to restore Brockwell Park.
- work in partnership with LB Lambeth on the long term management and development of Brockwell Park.
Brockwell Park Community Partners:
- is not a fee based membership organisation – it’s completely free to join and take part. We are primarily funded by charitable grants and donations.
- holds up to four public meetings each year and these meetings are open to any park group or individual, with an interest in protecting and enhancing the Park, to attend.
- has an Executive Committee that includes elected officers that manage the charity and represent the views of Park on the Steering Group of the Lottery Funded project.
- has two sub-committees: the Bio-Diversity group, and the Music, Arts and Drama (MAD) group that arranges an annual programme of Park community events.
- commissions projects from time to time in community centres neighbouring the Park.