Brockwell Park Community Partners (BPCP) is the working name of the Brockwell Park Management Advisory Committee. BPCP is a small and influential registered charity (registered number 1137168) that was originally established in 1995 and re-established in 2004 to:
- protect and enhance Brockwell Park for all Park users, stakeholders and local residents.
- provide a community forum for the discussion of issues related to the Park and represent the issues identified by Park user groups to the London Borough of Lambeth and external agencies.
- serve as the official community partner of LB Lambeth for the ongoing Lottery funded project to restore Brockwell Park.
- work in partnership with LB Lambeth on the long term management and development of Brockwell Park.
Brockwell Park Community Partners:
- is not a fee based membership organisation – it’s completely free to join and take part. We are primarily funded by charitable grants and donations.
- holds up to four public meetings each year and these meetings are open to any park group or individual, with an interest in protecting and enhancing the Park, to attend.
- has an Executive Committee that includes elected officers that manage the charity and represent the views of Park on the Steering Group of the Lottery Funded project.
- has two sub-committees: the Bio-Diversity group, and the Music, Arts and Drama (MAD) group that arranges an annual programme of Park community events.
- commissions projects from time to time in community centres neighbouring the Park.