To all BPCP stakeholders
A reminder that the next public open meeting of the BPCP will be at 11am on Sunday 15th June 2014 at Brockwell Hall. It is expected to last one hour.
The purpose of the open meeting is to agree a policy for the future of the Changing Room Block based on the options put forward by Lambeth’s Communities Team. There will be a vote.
These options are:
- Option 1. Redevelopment of the existing building; excluding a refit of the changing facilities – approximate cost £1m
- Option 2. Demolish the block to its concrete base and use for flexible space for community-led sports facilities, including modular units for sports/class/training rooms –approximate cost up to £500,000 to £600,000
- Option 3. Demolish and return to grass – approximate cost £250,000
- Option 4. Re-provide changing/classroom facilities in the Bowling Pavilion, at present shared by tennis players, the St Matthew’s Project (football) and the Bowlers- approximate cost £150,000
- Option 5. Re-provide changing facilities elsewhere in the Park in the form of new build – approximate cost £1.5m
A working group of interested stakeholders met on 28th May 2014. Click here for minutes of the meeting. There was broad agreement to support Option 2 with the proviso that the re-development of the Bowling Pavilion be kept on the table and discussed again in the light of emerging needs. Lambeth will review its existing Sports Needs analysis alongside the new Sports Strategy for the Borough. This will help the development of a sports facilities strategy for the Park as a whole.
The BPCP Secretary will also receive from elected members of the public and BPCP’s stakeholder groups written nominations to send representatives to:
- monthly Park Management Group meetings with Lambeth officers and the BPCP Executive; and
- the steering group which we need to set up to support a bid to the Heritage Lottery Fund for the restoration of Brockwell Hall. The group will include Lambeth officers and expertise from outside the BPCP.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday.