Do you love Brockwell Park? Can you spare a few hours of your time to help with the MADD for Brockwell Park 2014 community events programme?
We require honest and reliable volunteers to help with:
- setting up and dismantling community events at start and end. With others, this involves putting out about 50 chairs and a basic PA System.
- collecting donations from the public. The funds help meet the cost of liability insurance for the next year’s events programme.
- handing out and collecting completed event evaluation forms; and giving directions to park users as necessary.
- you’d be part of a team of experienced volunteers helping to make sure that the event runs smoothly – and you also get to see a great event!
We particularly need help with the following up coming events:
- 6pm-11pm on Saturday 31st May – Herne Hill Free Film Festival’s screening of “Labyrinth” (Certificate U) by the Temple building. The main tasks will include collecting donations and helping audience goers find their way out of the park. We will provide a luminous jacket, however you may need your own torch.
- 1pm to 4pm – on Sunday 8th June – Convoluted Fairground’s ‘Ghost Dwelling Express’ and Creative Modern’s Urban Dance (two separate events). Help with event set up and dismantling; collecting donations.
- From 10am on Sunday 13th July – Brockwell Dog Show. Help with event set up and dismantling; collecting donations.
- From 6pm on Sunday 27th July – World War 1 Memorial Recital. Help with event set up and dismantling; collecting donations.
- From 10,30am on Sunday 12th October – Herne Hill Music Festival. Help with event set up and dismantling; collecting donations.
If you are interested in helping with any of these events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating which.
We will share your details with the Friends of Brockwell Park volunteer co-ordinator who kindly administers volunteers for the MADD programme. They will send you further details and confirmation of timing, and arrangements.
Thank you for your support.