To all park users
Over the weekend, the paddling pool (waterplay or wet play area) suffered a fault, in the form of a burst pipe. This meant that the popular facility was not open during the hottest weekend of the year. BPCP considers this unacceptable.
Lambeth Council has apologised to us and provided an update on the status of the paddling pool as at close of play on 8th July:
- The burst pipe was reported as high priority to the Counci’s contractor, Balfour Beatty, on 26th June by Paul Carter, Park Manager.
- The contractors made several attempts at repair and visited late again on Friday 5th July but were unable to repair the fault before the weekend.
- The Brockwell Park Manager arranged for a sign to explain the situation, when it became clear that the area would not available over the weekend.
- Lambeth Council accepts that it needs to improve communication where Park facilities are out of action. The Park Manager has been asked to to report to BPCP later this week and provide up to date information so that we can communicate with people that plan to visit the park via our website and social media.
- The broken pipe was finally repaired on Monday 8th July and Lambeth Council expects that the paddling pool will open again on Wednesday 10th July, once it has been tested. It is timed to operate from 10am.
- Paul Carter, Park Manager is contactable at firstname.lastname@example.org